The Biobased Industry Center research agenda is determined by an advisory board made up of representatives from industry partners.
The board identifies and priorities research areas as well as provides advice and guidance regarding issues, challenges, and opportunities of concern and importance to the industry.
The board also develops the request for proposals, the selection process for center research projects, and linkages with additional industry partners.
Current Research Projects
- Ex-post analysis of land use changes in agriculture
- Use and improvement of ISU Biofuels Outlook Model
- Estimating the demand for E85 to improve predictions of RIN prices
- The impact of a potential US-EU free trade agreement on biofuel and feedstock markets
- Natural gas prices and their impacts on meeting the RFS2 production targets
- Economic forces driving the development of cellulosic biofuels: describing and designing the production system that makes most economic sense